YES! We are open and serving the needs of our existing as well as new clients in a safe and virtual way! How can we help YOU?

Contact us now for a telephone or online video consultation!

How do I Claim My Adoptive Child on My Income Tax if I Don’t have a Social Security Number Yet?

Typically, Adoptive Parents do not get a Social Security Number for the adopted child until after the legal proceedings are finalized and a new birth certificate is received.

If you have custody of the child and your adoption is not finalized yet, you can apply for an Adoption Tax Identification Number that you can use in lieu of the Social Security Number until you finalize the adoption.

IRS Form W-7A is used to apply for the Adoption Tax Identification Number. You can obtain this form at